1 post / 0 new

Replacement Speakers


Rob Knopp
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 01:50 pm:   

I have a 212 RH cab and one of the speakers died in it. I was wondering what anyone would recommend for replacements. I would like to replace both of them and get a matching pair. I play at loud to slightly loud volumes and I use a rediculous amount of effects. I want something that will stay clean and not muddy up at high volumes. I use an HD 130 (all tube) head (I love it sooooo much). Any help would be greatly appriciated!
Steve Kennedy (admin)
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 04:52 pm:   

A higher-power Eminence driver (which one depends on whether you are playing Bass or Guitar) would probably be a very good match and "affordable" replacement for the existing drivers.

Another option is to investigate what it would take to recone the existing drivers and make them heavy-duty for improved reliability over the originals. However, speakers have come a long way in 25 years so new speakers would be best if you can make the investment.


Rob Knopp
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 11:15 am:   

I play guitar and bass, so, I am actually thinking about looking into a full range speaker. Even when I play guitar i use an old octave multiplexor in my chain and that is hellacious on a speaker. I definately want to go with 8 ohms so it will match up with my 115 RH cab as I use then in a stack. I also wanted to compliment you on your site. I love it as much as I love Music Man amps. If it weren't for your site I would be very lost. Thank you so much.
michael kaus
Posted on Friday, December 03, 2004 - 06:04 am:   

If you are playing bass through the same amp as guitar, the speakers are going to have to be able to take the extra "throw" length of the bass frequencies. You really need to have the speakers reoconed for bass or get speakers specifically designed for bass. Jbl and EV both make GREAT bass speakers. The Eminence Delta and Kappa series are also great bass speakers and really reasonable. Mike.