1 post / 0 new

Plated Amp corners and handles


Posted on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 06:58 pm:   

The plated amp corner proectors and the strap handles are still available as standard spare parts from Ernie Ball/Music Man.

Steve Kennedy
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2002 - 09:38 am:   

Are these the REAL (older nickle-plated) traditional Music Man spare parts (left-over stock) or the units that are used on the "new Music Man" Audiophile bass amplifiers?

Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:05 am:   

just recieved a set of corners "nickel plated"
www.stewmac.com in ohio
alot of guitar and amp components
music man and beyond
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 09:10 pm:   

If a person didn't want to trust to Providence that he'd be getting true, nickel-plated, original parts, and wanted to have his original parts replated, would anyone know who did Leo Fender's Music Man original plating work?
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 03:59 pm:   

Can anyone help me with the exact dimensions for the REAR, UPPER baffle panel for a MM210/130 combo please?

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 10:25 pm:   

Red I can trace one for you !
Randy Flanagan
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 10:57 am:   

Well hopefully this information will help some of you MM amp owners in your restoration process. I just completed a cosmetic overhaul on my 410-130 and learned quite a bit along the way. The cabinet corners are readily available through www.mojotone.com ($5.00 for four) as is a close second to the original grill cloth (1 sq.yard for $19.95) Casters are total look alikes from ernie ball (17.99 for four). As far as chassis straps, forget it, they do not exist unless you can find someone seeling used ones. What I did was re-plated them myself with a kit I payed $28.00 for on line (there are many available through alot of different sources).I followed the directions that came with it and I have to say they turned out pretty decent. Also I re-plated the end caps for the handle, just keep in mind the quality will not be the same as it would if a profesional did it but for $28.00 it looks damn good.The tolex on my amp was not in bad condition so some luke warm water & mild soap cleaned it up good (make sure to wipe dry IMEDIATELY so the tolex does not seperate from the cabinet. One cigarette burn hole was easily fixed with some permatex vinyl repair from the auto parts store. The replacing of the grill cloth and the re-plating both require patience and time so don't get in a hurrry or you will end up with an end result you will not be happy with. To complete the job I used mothers "back to black" and a little armour all and she now looks almost as good as she did the day I brought her home back in 1977. When I get a chance I will post a picture of the end result. Good luck !!
Michael Australia
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:04 pm:   

Thanks for the info Randy - just checked out the mojotone site and didn't see any grill cloth for $19.95... did you use the Fender white/silver grille cloth, or is there something I'm missing?
Randy Flanagan
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 05:42 pm:   

Yes it was the Fender white/silver not an exact replacement but really close. Only real hard core MM people like us will be able to notice the difference!
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:05 pm:   

for reviving an old dirty amp or cab,meguiars # 40 vinyl cleaner / dressing brings that old tolex back to life w/o a greasy looking shine. this is the best,i tried them all.
andy Donovan
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 10:36 pm:   

Hi there,
I see the post by Randy but wonderered if anybody has a spare cab strap handle. It doesn't need to be in great condition, i just need to add another one onto my 212RH cab to save the strain on my back.
andy donovan
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   

I've found these Fender handles that are close if not exact to the 2 screw musicman ones

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_ amps.htm
Steve Kennedy
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:23 am:   

Music Man handles ARE slightly different but a fender replacement should work fine. The only drawback is that the Fender replacement hardware is all chrome, where all the Music Man hardware was nickle-plated.


Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 04:02 am:   

so the screw holes are in the right place?
what is the part number please?

and are there non-fender replica's?
Billy Bowman
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 07:47 pm:   

hey people, I'm new to the site...
I have an old Music Man 112 (sixty-five)
I have been scouring the web looking for the footswitch that came with it. I'm sure you guys know the one. I believe it was a reverb/tremlo switch. If any one can help me out, please email me: billybigorange@frontiernet.net

also I was wondering what type of tubes came originally in it. The plate gives varios numbers such as :12AX7A & EL-34 is one a preamp tube & one a power tube? If so, I thought that this particular amp had a solid-state preamp?
Perhaps I am merely confused..any help will be greatly appreciated...
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 10:55 pm:   

the 12ax7 is a phase inverter valve
yes the pre amp is SS
the el34 are power amp
sometimes you can find original prts but its really hard
the best thing to do is get a generic one or make a funky lookin one ya self. fender footswitches are very similair also (oval).
also do a search before posting questions - because nearly everything has been covered.