1 post / 0 new

MM 210-75 Footswitch?


Brad Pace
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   

I bought a musicman 210-75 a couple of years ago and I want to use a footswitch for the built in flanger. It has weird connections in the back that looks like they would be for a footswitch but they are not eigth inch jacks. Can I use a footswitch for the built in flanger on my amp?
Steve Kennedy (admin)
Username: admin

Registered: 03-2002
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:29 pm:   

The circuit you refer to is a Phasor (in the same family as a Flanger, just a different process).

All Music Man amps I have seen use 2 RCA phono jacks for the footwitch connections (same as the Fender Blackface models from the '60s).

On your amp, one switch controls the Reverb and one controls the Phasor. If you have no switch connected, then these features are turned ON already! The footswitch allows them to be turned OFF only.